Five fun facts about hearing
Did you know ?
Posted Monday April 25, 2022
- Male mosquitos hear with thousands of tiny hairs growing on their antennae.
- Fish don’t have ears; they hear pressure changes through ridges on their body.
- The ear continues to hear sound even when you’re asleep.
- Ears not only help you hear, they also aid in balance.
- Being in front of speakers at a rock concert can expose you to 120 decibels, which will begin to damage your hearing in only 7½ minutes
Source: American Academy of Audiology
Evidence is mounting that hearing aids can reduce your risk of dementia
There is emerging evidence that ageing with untreated moderate to severe hearing loss increases our risk of accelerated ...
Fun facts about hearing
Did you know ears are completely individual, just like fingerprints!