Audiology South is committed to keeping you safe & healthy
Our thoughts are with everyone around the world who has been affected by the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. During this extraordinary time, we are here for all your hearing care needs, and are taking extra measures to protect our staff and clients:
Posted Tuesday March 17, 2020
- Hand sanitizer is available in our waiting areas for your use.
- Our staff follow meticulous hygiene procedures throughout the day, and
- surfaces in our clinics are disinfected several times a day.
Before your appointment, let us know if you are unwell or been near someone who is ill or has travelled. We can reschedule your appointment for a later date.
Simple hygiene for self-protection
There are simple procedures you can use to protect youself and your family/whanāu from COVID-19:
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds).
- Try to avoid close contact with unwell people.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
If you are unwell:
- Stay home.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or cover your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues immediately into a bin or a bag.
To stay informed about COVID-19, check the Ministry of Health’s website regularly for updates – https://www.govt.nz/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/.
Further information can also be downloaded from https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-resources/covid-19-information-sheets-general-public
Keep healthy, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Wax removal service by micro suction available now!
Dedicated ear nurse service at Audiology South.
My teen has earbuds in all day, will this damage her hearing?
Most parents and caregivers know that headphone or earbud volume over 85 decibels damages hearing. But volume is only pa...