Audiology South is committed to keeping you safe & healthy
Our thoughts are with everyone around the world who has been affected by the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. During this extraordinary time, we are here for all your hearing care needs, and are taking extra measures to protect our staff and clients:
Posted Tuesday March 17, 2020
- Hand sanitizer is available in our waiting areas for your use.
- Our staff follow meticulous hygiene procedures throughout the day, and
- surfaces in our clinics are disinfected several times a day.
Before your appointment, let us know if you are unwell or been near someone who is ill or has travelled. We can reschedule your appointment for a later date.
Simple hygiene for self-protection
There are simple procedures you can use to protect youself and your family/whanāu from COVID-19:
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds).
- Try to avoid close contact with unwell people.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
If you are unwell:
- Stay home.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or cover your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues immediately into a bin or a bag.
To stay informed about COVID-19, check the Ministry of Health’s website regularly for updates – https://www.govt.nz/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/.
Further information can also be downloaded from https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-resources/covid-19-information-sheets-general-public
Keep healthy, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Keeping up with technology
Audiology South keeps up with hearing technology developments.
What to expect during a hearing test
If youre thinking about booking a hearing test, you may be wondering what type of appointment you need.