Fun facts about hearing
Did you hear
Posted Tuesday November 23, 2021
- Measured at -20.6 decibels, Building 87 at Microsoft’s headquarters in Redmond, Washington, is the quietest place on Earth
- Sitting close to loudspeakers at concerts (which can reach about 120 decibels) can damage your hearing in just 7.5 minutes!
- At the age of 65, one in three adults has some hearing loss; however, a majority of the people who suffer from hearing loss are under age 65.
- Hearing loss is the third most common health problem in the United States.
- Excessive noise exposure is the number one cause of hearing loss.
Single-sided deafness is a common condition
It is also highly frustrating for those who have it. Typically, single-sided deafness (SSD) is a congenital or idiopathi...
Listening-related fatigue, well-being and the importance of daily-life activity
Listening-related fatigue impacts well-being, reports Phonaks Audiology Blog. When hearing loss and daily activity are a...