My app wont connect to my hearing aids. What do I do?
We like to send you out of the clinic with your hearing aids and smart phone communicating over Bluetooth. But sometimes things stop working.
Posted Monday December 2, 2019
Your smart phone software upgrades, and updates we do in clinic, can disrupt the pairing. If this happens, try these steps or call in to see our friendly team for assistance, tips and advice.
Suggestions to reconnect your smart phone and hearing aids
- Has Bluetooth turned off? Turn Bluetooth on, exit the app, wait a few secs then go back.
- If your hearing aids are still not connecting and Bluetooth is on, open and close the hearing aid battery doors (resetting them). This puts the aids into “discovery mode” so the app can find them again.
- Still not working? Reset everything by turning off both the phone and aids, and in close proximity turn them back on.
When all else fails:
- check your manufacturer’s instruction book that came with your hearing aids. It normally has a step-by-step guide on connecting/pairing hearing aids.
- call in to see us for help and support
- check the YouTube link below
- consider buying a new phone, but first talk with us as we can give you guidance on which phone might work best with your hearing aids.
Different manufacturers and smart phones have different process to reconnect you. There are excellent videos on YouTube that will walk you through the process. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pairing+phone+and+hearing+aids
Did you hear?
Below the range of human hearing, horror film makers use infrasound to induce anxiety, sorrow and even heart palpitation...
A word about hearing aids and moisture
Most modern hearing aids are water resistant, so you dont need to worry too much about being caught in a rain shower or ...