My app won’t connect to my hearing aids.
What do I do?
We like to send you out of the clinic with your hearing aids and smart phone communicating over Bluetooth. But sometimes things stop working. Your smart phone software upgrades and updates we do in clinic can disrupt the pairing. If this happens, try these steps or call in to see our friendly team for assistance, tips and advice.
Suggestions to reconnect your smart phone and hearing aids:
- Has Bluetooth turned off? Turn Bluetooth on, exit the app, wait a few secs then go back.
- If your hearing aids are still not connecting and Bluetooth is on, open and close the hearing aid battery doors (resetting them). This puts the aids into “discovery mode” so the app can find them again.
- Still not working? Reset everything by turning off both the phone and aids, and in close proximity turn them back on.
When all else fails:
- check your manufacturer’s instruction book that came with your hearing aids. It normally has a step-by-step guide on connecting/pairing hearing aids
- call in to see us for help and support
- check the YouTube link below
- consider buying a new phone, but talk with us first as we can give guidance on which phone might work best with your hearing aids
Different manufacturers and smart phones have different process to reconnect you. There are excellent videos on YouTube that will walk you through the process.
Download the Signia app ‘Guide for Bluetooth pairing’ here >
Download further tips on pairing Bluetooth devices here >
Read about troubleshooting Phonak Bluetooth connections @ https://marvel-support.phonak.com/en/